Grow your own Comet hops!
These Comet Rhizomes are root cuttings of the hop bine; to be planted in well-drained soil with plenty of sun and room to climb, then harvest and dry the flower cones in late summer for your brewing pleasure!
Comet hops have a pleasant blend of "wild American" and citrus aromas and neutral bitterness. Comet carries a heavy grapefruit, citrus character, and tends to have alphas acid between 9 - 12%. Today, Comet is essentially no longer in commercial production and is somewhat difficult to find.
Note: Rhizomes will ship directly from the grower starting in mid April. Minimum order is two rhizomes, they can be different types.
- Rhizomes will ship directly from the supplier as soon as they are available (typically mid April).
- The minimum order is two (2) rhizomes. Since these are live root stock, we cannot guarantee they will grow so ordering two of each variety desired is optimal to provide greatest chances of success.
- <Rhizomes will be shipped through the US Postal Service. Please provide a USPS-deliverable address with these orders. If you have a PO Box address and wish to order rhizomes, please include ONLY rhizomes on that order.
- Due to local restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes to HI, AK, WA, or ID.
Comet: A unique, hard to find hop. Comet hops have a strong accent of grapefruit along with strong bittering capabilities. Consider using as a dry hop for IPA's and Pale Ales.
Usage: Dual purpose
Flavor Profile: Strong grapefruit with dank piney flavors
Similar Hop Varieties: Galena, Summit
Typical Beer Styles:Lager, American Ale, India Pale Ale, Ale
Typical Centennial Hop Statistics:
- Alpha Acids: 9.4 — 12.4%
- Beta Acids: 3 — 6.1%
- Co-Humulone: 41% of alpha acids
- Total Oil: 1.98 mls/100g
Additional Hop Resources:
Very happy with results, all 4 rhizomes sprouted and are doing very well
Ordered comet rhizomes and got Columbus.. I imagine it was a mix up so if you bought Columbus hops and got comet instead, look me up! My name is Tyler Heustis from kinmundy Illinois and I'll send you a bag of your Columbus for a bag of my comet!