Grow your own Crystal hops!
These Crystal Rhizomes are root cuttings off the hop bine; to be planted in well-drained soil with plenty of sun and room to climb, then harvest and dry the flower cones in late summer for your brewing pleasure! Crystal hops are mild and pleasant with a delicate blend of spices and flowers.The variety is versatile and wildly popular.
Note: Rhizomes will ship directly from the grower starting in mid April. Minimum order is two rhizomes, they can be different types.
- Rhizomes willship directly from the supplier as soon as they are available (typically mid April).
- The minimum order is two (2) rhizomes. Since these are live root stock, we cannot guarantee they will grow so ordering two of each variety desired is optimal to provide greatest chances of success.
- Rhizomes will be shipped through the US Postal Service. Please provide a USPS-deliverable address with these orders. If you have a PO Box address and wish to order rhizomes, please include ONLY rhizomes on that order.
- Due to local restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes to HI, AK, WA, or ID.
Crystal: A lot alpha acid hop that adds a woody, floral characteristics along with a faint fruity spiciness with notes of cinnamon, nutmeg, and black pepper.
Typical Crystal Hop Statistics:
- Alpha Acids:2.8 - 4.4%
- Beta Acids: 5.8 - 7%
- Co-Humulone: 21 - 26% of alpha acids
- Total Oil: 0.82 mls/100g
Arrived quickly. Rhizomes were good quality and started growing quickly.
Arrived in good condition. This is the first time I have attempted to grow my own hops and I’m excited to see how they turn out by the end of the summer!