Grow your own Galena hops!
These Galena Rhizomes are root cuttings of the hop bine; to be planted in well-drained soil with plenty of sun and room to climb, then harvest and dry the flower cones in late summer for your brewing pleasure! Galena expresses sweet fruits such as grapes and peaches but also offers earthy tones.
- These ship directly from the supplier as soon as they are available (typically mid-April).
- The minimum order is two (2) rhizomes. Since these are live root stock, we cannot guarantee they will grow so ordering two of each variety desired is optimal to provide greatest chances of success.
- Rhizomes will be shipped through the US Postal Service. Please provide a USPS-deliverable address with these orders. If you have a PO Box address and wish to order rhizomes, please include ONLY rhizomes on that order.
- Due to local restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes to HI, AK, WA, or ID.
Galena: Super alpha hop, one of the most widely used bittering hops in the US. Can be used for aroma as well.
Typical Galena Hop Statistics:
- Alpha Acids: 12%
- Beta Acids: 7.5%
- Co-Humulone: 39% of alpha acids
- Total Oil: 0.9 - 1.3 mls/100g