WildBrew™ Helveticus Pitch 10 grams is a ready-to-use dried bacteria, a strain of Lactobacillus helveticus specifically selected for its ability to produce a wide range of sour beer styles. In comparison to WildBrew™ Sour Pitch, the new bacteria produces a more intense citrusy flavor at higher temperatures. Additionally, WildBrew™ Helveticus Pitch will deliver unmatched consistency, effortless application, fully assured performance, and unparalleled purity for brewing the sour beer style of your choice.
WildBrew™ Helveticus Pitch is recommended at a dosage of 10g/hl to pour directly into the unhoped wort.
WildBrew™ Helveticus Pitch is part of a wider set of solutions for sour beer making, which also includes the newly launched WildBrew™ Philly Sour that can produce lactic acid and ethanol simultaneously.
Aroma: Strong citrus, tangy, intense sour
- Temp Range: 100F - 113F (38C - 45C)
- pH Range: 3.0 - 3.5
The recommended inoculation rate is 1 gram/~2.5 gallons or 10 grams/~25 gallons. Lallemand’s recommendation is 10g/hL.
|Support Documents||Click here for documents|
|Support Documents - Instructions||Click here for instructions|
|Min Fermenting Temp||
|Max Fermenting Temp||
In Lallemand’s Standard Wort conditions, WildBrew™ Helveticus Pitch bacteria exhibits:
- Fast pH drop that can be completed within 2 days (typically within 24 to 36 hours).
- High lactic acid versus lower acetic production.
- Aroma and flavor is citrus and tangy with a hint of fruit.
- The optimal temperature range for WildBrew™ Helveticus Pitch when producing sour beer styles is between 38°C to 45°C (100°F to 113°F).
Fermentation rate, fermentation time and pH drop are dependent on inoculation density, bacteria handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.