- Usage: Bittering
- Aroma: Mild, herbal and pleasant
- Alpha Acids: 12.0 — 14.5%
- Substitutions: Galena, Magnum, Columbus
- Typical Beer Styles: Ales, Stout, Barley Wine, Saison, Biere de Garde
Growing your own Nugget hops is easy! Rhizomes are root cuttings of the female hop plant. Simply plant in well drained soil in a sunny location with room to climb and they’ll grow like weeds providing beautiful foliage and shade. Harvest and dry the cones for use in your own homegrown homebrew. Nugget is a high alpha hop variety characterized by a snappy bitterness that gives a pleasant bite, especially well suited to strong ales such as imperial stout and barley-wine. It also has favorable aromatic profile with a bright 'green' character of herbal citrus. 12.0-14.0% Alpha Acid Content. Grows well in all climates and is mildly resistant to most pests and diseases.
- These are a pre-order, and will ship directly from the supplier as soon as they are available (mid April).
- The minimum order is two (2) rhizomes, they can be different types.
- Please provide a USPS-deliverable address with these orders. If you have a PO Box address and wish to order rhizomes, please include ONLY rhizomes on that order.
- Due to local restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes to HI, AK, WA, or ID.
- Ordering two of each variety desired is optimal to encourage production and the greatest chances of success.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
The quality and condition of the rhizomes upon delivery was perfect, that's why it gets full stars.
The bad news is they didn't survive the summer here in Naples Florida. They didn't grow as vigorously as i hoped. They took more care than I could give. Maybe they can't grow here, not sure, but i tried. :-(
I have not received it yet.
I am not sure I can write about a pre-order, I will when the order ships.