Our favorite sanitizer! Star San is an acid-based no-rinse sanitizer that is effective and easy to use.
- Made from food-grade phosphoric acid, safe for people and the environment.
- Star San is self-foaming, which helps it to penetrate cracks and crevices.
- Odorless and flavorless, no need to worry about tainting your beer or wine.
- Does not require rinsing when used at the recommended dilution.
- Use only 1 oz Star San per 5 gallons of water and just 1 to 2 minutes of contact time.
- Used as a soaking solution, it can also be applied by hand (wear gloves) or with a spray bottle.
- Reusable: a solution of Star San will remain effective for up to three to four weeks in a sealed container; it is effective as long as the pH is 3 or lower.
7930 - 8 oz
Star San is safe for use on all surfaces, but use caution since it is an acid; contact with soft metals, rubber, and plastic should be kept to a minimum. Star San is environmentally friendly, biodegradable, and will not harm septic systems.
Please note, we cannot ship this product by air.
Love the simplicity of use....
Star San by Five Star
We always get our wine-making yeast (and all our other wine-making supplies) from Midwest Supplies, as everything we have bought for them- starting with a Wine Making Kit- has been great, arrives fast, and works well! We recommend them to everyone we know!
Can't have a clean brewery without it. As Chris Knight says in his videos, "Never Fear the Foam!" ;-)
I did 4 gallons apple juice, 2 gallons tree ripe mango juice, and some honey. Fermentation was performed in about 70 degrees. It worked perfectly. Kegged and now enjoying. It is dry like a wine, carbonation like beer, and tastes like cider. I would use product again, just not the mango juice. Turns very citrus tasting.