Grow your own Willamette hops!
These Willamette Rhizomes are root cuttings off the hop bine; to be planted in well-drained soil with plenty of sun and room to climb, then harvest and dry the flower cones in late summer for your brewing pleasure!
Willamette hops have an unmistakable earthy, spicy aroma and flavor. Willamette is great for new hop growers.
- Rhizomes ship directly from the supplier as soon as they are available (typically mid-April).
- The minimum order is two (2) rhizomes. Since these are live root stock, we cannot guarantee they will grow so ordering two of each variety desired is optimal to provide the greatest chances of success.
- Rhizomes will be shipped through the US Postal Service. Please provide a USPS-deliverable address with these orders. If you have a PO Box address and wish to order rhizomes, please include ONLY rhizomes on that order.
- Due to local restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes to HI, AK, WA, or ID.
Willamette: This very popular aroma hop provides an earthy, spicy character to your home brewed English or American ales. Willamette is one of the most prolifically grown varieties in the US. First selected in Oregon in 1967, it received USDA accession in 1971 and was released the same year.
Typical Willamette Hop Statistics:
- Alpha Acids: 4 - 6%
- Beta Acids: 3 - 4%
- Cohumulone: (% of alpha acids): 30 - 35%
- Total Oils in mls per 100 grams dried: 1 - 1.5 mL/100g
- Retains 60-65% alpha acid after 6 months storage at 20ºC (68ºF)
Additional Hop Resources: