Grow your own Mount Hood hops!
These Mt. Hood Rhizomes are root cuttings off the hop bine; to be planted in well-drained soil with plenty of sun and room to climb, then harvest and dry the flower cones in late summer for your brewing pleasure!
Mt. Hood hops have a mild, floral aroma and offer a clean bitterness.
Note: Rhizomes will ship directly from the grower starting in mid April. Minimum order is two rhizomes, they can be different types.
- Rhizomes will ship directly from the supplier as soon as they are available (typically mid April).
- The minimum order is two (2) rhizomes. Since these are live root stock, we cannot guarantee they will grow so ordering two of each variety desired is optimal to provide greatest chances of success.
- Rhizomes will be shipped through the US Postal Service. Please provide a USPS-deliverable address with these orders. If you have a PO Box address and wish to order rhizomes, please include ONLY rhizomes on that order.
- Due to local restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes to HI, AK, WA, or ID.
Mount Hood: Features a pleasant noble hop aroma, that's been perceived to pack a flavor punch compared to 'true' noble hops.
Typical Mt. Hood Hop Statistics:
- Alpha Acids: 4 — 8.0%
- Beta Acids: 5.0 — 8.0%
- Co-Humulone: 21 — 23% of alpha acids
- Total Oil: 1 - 1.7 mls/100g
Additional Hop Resources:
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Received my rhizomes and put them in the ground. Doing real good.
Got my hops rhizomes last week which was pretty good timing for my zone. I planted them last week so I don’t expect to see any growth now but I was prompted via email from Midwest to post a response. Sooo…they looked healthy upon arrival and I’m hoping for the best, weather permitting. Cheers!