- Pure pitchable yeast for brewing
- 100 billion yeast cells
- For use with 5-gallon wort
- Crisp flavor with low fruitness and mild ester production
- Slightly citrus like with cool (60-66F, 15-19C) fermentation temperatures
- Flocculation improves with dark malts in grain bill
- Normally requires filtration for bright beers
- DE or pad filtration recommended
|Yeast Style||American Ale|
|Min Fermenting Temp||
|Max Fermenting Temp||
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
1 x Wyeast 1056 American Ale Yeast
Extremely active yeast, great flavor
Probably a good product but when I got it the pouch was already activated. I tried contacting Midwest by text and they never got back to me. I pitched it anyway and I think it will turn out alright I’m just disappointed with the customer service I didn’t get.
I had never used liquid yeast before. Chill pack was melted when it arrived. Not sure I would select it again during warm months.
I have made about 20 batches of extract based beer using this yeast. Super consistent, quick starting, and the final bottled beer is consistently crystal clear with minimal sediment.
I compared two batches, one with California lager yeast 2112, the second with this ale yeast. The recipes were the same. The lager yeast was much slower to kick off, and had me concerned. Final product was indistinguishable.