- Pure pitchable yeast for brewing
- 100 billion yeast cells
- For use with 5-gallon wort
- Crisp flavor with low fruitness and mild ester production
- Slightly citrus like with cool (60-66F, 15-19C) fermentation temperatures
- Flocculation improves with dark malts in grain bill
- Normally requires filtration for bright beers
- DE or pad filtration recommended
Styles: Amber, Brown, APA, IPA, IIPA, Barleywine, RIS
Keep refrigerated. Do not freeze.
|Yeast Style||American Ale|
|Min Fermenting Temp||
|Max Fermenting Temp||
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Had good luck, a very active yeast
I've made beer with dry yeast and Wyeast. Wyeast is best, it adds just the right amount of something extra!
Love this all purpose style of ale yeast. Made a starter with I’t and it’s still fermenting ( albeit slowly now) after a week.
Wyeast 1056 American Ale Yeast
The yeasty-beasties did their job well. I turned them into a 2L slurry with some sugar, maybe they did a little TOO well as I think I overflowed almost ½ a liter with the blow-out!