Grow your own Golding hops!
These Golding Hops are root cuttings of the hop bine; to be planted in well-drained soil with plenty of sun and room to climb, then harvest and dry the flower cones in late summer for your brewing pleasure!
Goldings hops have a mild and floral aroma.
Note: Rhizomes will ship directly from the grower starting in mid April. Minimum order is two rhizomes, they can be different types.
- Rhizomes will ship directly from the supplier as soon as they are available (typically mid April).
- The minimum order is two (2) rhizomes. Since these are live root stock, we cannot guarantee they will grow so ordering two of each variety desired is optimal to provide greatest chances of success.
- Rhizomes will be shipped through the US Postal Service. Please provide a USPS-deliverable address with these orders. If you have a PO Box address and wish to order rhizomes, please include ONLY rhizomes on that order.
- Due to local restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes to HI, AK, WA, or ID.
Golding: Descendant of East Kent Golding (EKG), features subtle bitterness as bittering hop, but predominantly used as aroma hop in English Ales.
Typical Goldings Hop Statistics:
- Alpha Acids: 4 - 6%
- Beta Acids: 2 -3%
- Co-Humulone: 20% of alpha acids
- Total Oil: 0.4 - 1.0 mls/100g
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I ordered 2 Rhizomes and started them in 5 gal. buckets. They were both doing great till a curious ground squirrel dug one up. :-( The other on is doing great with 3 bines. Can’t wait till September.
fun to start up. They are growing.
Has blown away by the beauty of my new rhizome! I had ordered 2 different ones from Burpee a few years ago- they arrived damaged. One survived, the other didn’t. I spent a lot more for the Burpee ones and they didn’t honor the warranty stating it was the fault of UPS. I am excited to start harvesting this year!
I received my rhizomes as ordered but it’s way too early to say whether they’ll take or not. I just planted them Saturday. But they looked healthy!